Just a quick update here, I realize that I've been falling a little bit behind in the posts, and there aren't any pictures up yet.
I'm planning to post a bunch more tonight, and tomorrow as it's the opening ceremonies and we won't be flying.
In the meantime you can check here for other official updates:
Also, the flying has been getting better and less stressful. I'm getting more familiar with the terrain and flying in the mountains so this is a big help.
Oh and I already landed out. Let's hope that's the only one for this contest. I'll post that story tonight.
Waiting for the pilot's meeting...
Kathy
2 comments:
Kath,
I am so proud of you. Having been terrified a few times in an aircraft I can relate to how un-fun it is. But you can only become a salty dog with a few harrowing experiences behind you and you are well on your way!
If you have had any chance to keep up with the news you might have heard that it was recently revealed that a few of the NASA astronauts were completely wasted when they launched into space. So when you are behind the tow plane ready to go and feeling overwhelmed by the competition, remember this. If you are sober, you are already a better pilot than the astronauts.
Love Becki
Kathy,
You make us proud. Don't worry about scores and stats--we don't care about those anyway. We wanna hear about adventures involving angry tomato farmers and flirty air traffic controllers...which, we'll be right here to listen to when you get back, so get your mind on flying and less on blogging!
--Yuto
Post a Comment